Are chores considered chores if you enjoy doing them? Here are some of my favorites:
- Laundry. I absolutely love to load up the washer, and fold piles and piles of warm, sweet-smelling clothes afterwards (what’s not to like?!).
- Paying bills. Strange, but I find it so enjoyable and relaxing (!) to write checks and put them in the mail. Even the painful property tax extortion bills.
- Grocery shopping (but only on weekends)
- Cooking for the family (I could spend an entire day doing this)
Now, now. I am no saint here. There are severrrral more chores that I absolutely, totally refuse to do, and have not done for more than a handful of times in my entire life. Luckily for me, N or Amma pick up the slack on my hate list, so I get away with not:
- Washing dishes by hand (just can’t stand this!)
- Loading the dishwasher (better than washing by hand, but only by a teeny bit)
- Snow shoveling (hmmm…. how about never?)
- Vacuuming the carpets (ugh!)
- Hanging my jacket back in place when I come back indoors (bad, no?)
How about you? Any chores that you love to do? Or viscerally hate?