Thursday is officially my “famine” day. On most weeks. Typically, after grocery shopping for the week on Sunday, I find that Thursday is the day when:
- The milk jug is either empty, or worse, the milk has spoilt;
- The good fruit has disappeared, and only squishy or white fungi-filled strawberries (ugh!) remain stuck to the bottom of the box;
- The ginger has all been used up in multiple cups of masala chai;
- Two tired looking karuveppalais remain at the bottom of the pack;
- No fresh bread or bagels (bring on the idlies for breakfast!); and
- Cookies, chips, and other remotely fun snacks are all gone.
Ok, I know you get the picture.
How about you? Are you like me? Or are you one of those hyper-efficient types that doesn’t miss a step and keeps the pantry stocked by going shopping on Wednesday evenings (in which case, I hate you)?