No, not saying that August is the best month of the year (we already know that it is). These are some rules that I came up with, for us to implement as a family during August (Yes, I am always a sucker for self-improvement).
So. Here’s what we are going to work on in August:
- Get along nicely with each other (Inspired after watching the girls trying to kick and sit on each other one evening after a mini-squirmish over some cards. Not a bad rule for adults either, no?)
- Get your work done first thing daily (Not fun, but necessary, as the start of the school year is a mere three and a half weeks away – eeek!)
- Mom and Dad Up (As a reminder to self and N that parenting is not a democracy)
- No cushions (As a reminder to not always take the easy route, especially when there is a better choice at hand. For example, do I watch a movie and sit around eating potato chips, or do I get the butties outdoors every evening, and bike for 10 miles?)
- Have fun (Always an important family goal, and besides it’s been a glorious summer!)
Hmmmm… upon reflection, seems like most of the self-improvement goals are really not directed towards self, but towards nagging the munchkins, no?
Well. I won’t tell them if you won’t. 😉