Of the 100 new recipes targeted for the year, I tried out 10 in January. You would think that that record would be a tough one to beat. Especially in a tiny month like February (on a non-leap year).
But (and that’s a BIG but).
You understimate my OCD tendencies. And my suckerhood (is this a word?) for the satisfaction that comes from checking off boxes when things get done (super geek, no?). Plus, I got a fair boost (of free time) from unexpected snow days (pleeeeease, no more!).
So. Here’s the food score for February:
- Mushroom matar pulao
- South Indian style chole (kicka$$ recipe for channa masala includes coconut, coriander seeds, and karuveppalai?? Wild!)
- Rajasthani panchmel dal (this was super popular with the chickis. I made it multiple times in the same week!)
- Sprouted moong bean chaat
- Lauki channa dal
- Lauki channa dal curry (see a pattern, here?)
- Karamani sundal (cannot believe I have never tried making this before. Yum!)
- Javvarisi payasam (was really vile tasting. Ugh! Little A enquired if this was also known as “medicine payasam”.)
- Navaratna dal
- Cauliflower keema
- Lobia dal (too many dals, you say?)
- Murugan Idli Kadai style idlies (unbelievable!! I have officially arrived in idly land. Woohooo!!)
Wondered briefly whether to post recipes of (at least) my big successes. But I am too lazy for that. Plus, not sure that I want to turn my blog into a cookalog. So. If anything on my list grabs your fancy, let me know and I will set you up with a good recipe.
Now, who would’ve thunk that there is a bawarchi hidden inside this brahmanachi?