My gratitude journal makes me happy. More importantly, I find that it puts me on the look out for things to be grateful for, which is always nice. Better to have a grateful spirit than be whiny and negative, no? So. Have decided to track my gratitude on a weekly basis (dho da!).
Things that I am grateful for this week:
- My first iPhone (new work phone, that is) – white color, pink cover, and best of all, FREE!!
- The little heater in the stairwell area at work, which hits me with warmth each time I walk to the ladies room
- Friends that carpool with us to the kids’ activities (don’t know what to do with all the extra time these days!)
- My bosses, who allow me a ton of flexibility with my work schedule (and make me feel super valued and special)
- The forgotten perfect little one cup thermos that had been on my kitchen shelf all along (it’s going to work overtime now)
- Rainbow looming with little A first thing on a bright saturday morning (although after 10 minutes, felt intense need for both cataract operation and back surgery to keep up with all the looming intricacies)
- Making onion pakodas with little N for a potluck dinner on saturday (that girl is such a help around the kitchen!)
- Locating two old forgotten iPods (too many forgotten things around the house – what’s going on, I say!). And discovering that both work just fine (serious YAY!!)
- Making vadai maalai for the Bridgewater Aanjaneyar early on a bright sunday morning (yes, good weather this weekend)
- The sudden realization that by keeping some of my resolutions (try new recipes, learn new paatus), I am indirectly progressing big time on another important resolution – “choose happiness everyday” (Super no? Orrey kallula soooo many maangas!)
Stay thankful. Stay happy. 🙂