- My (partially filled) thamboolam bags are neatly piled up near the kitchen island. Why partially filled, you ask? Well. I am hosting this weekend. How many days in advance do you think I can put moist vethalais and fresh fruit into the bags without causing irreparable damage?
- The girls have their songs (almost) ready, and seem to enjoy practicing them as much as I enjoy making them practice (win win!).
- I haven’t prepared a song this year. Perhaps because the girls have been so good about preparing their songs, and I am ready to hang my singing shoes (is that the term?). Also, there is the minor matter of ragweed pollen. I have no idea whether I will even have a singing voice during golu week this year, or will just have to croak out some krithis (like last year) and hope that my confidence carries the day.
- Amma’s here, which makes me feel assured that I can handle the sundal runs (not to mention hours of cooking assorted other munchies) with more poise than usual.
- I have my list of invites and inviteds lined up on our October calendar (white space? what white space?).
- The girls and I tried out our outfits, so we can get in and out of them quickly (like supermodels between swimsuit and formal wear rounds).
- I painstakingly practiced my sari-tying (man, there’s detailed how-to on the internet for everything these days!). I think I finally have it (Trying to recall if I said this last year too. Hmmm….). But seriously, think I really, truly have it now. V. excited!
Let’s go a-golu-ing!!