Reverse parenting has been going on in this household for almost as long as parenting. Some gems from our munchkins:
- Mommy, you should eat your fruit cup before dessert (little N at age 3, watching me reach for a bucket of gulab jamuns after a big lunch buffet)
- Really mommy, soooo much sugar in your coffee? (little A at a restaurant a few weeks back, hiding sugar packets so I couldn’t get to them)
- Both hands on the steering wheel, please (last week, while I was driving little N to violin practice and reaching for something in the car)
- Mommy, are you aware that you have milk boiling on the stove? (when I was lying on the couch (post-prandial quickie nap) while also making slow-cooking dessert)
- Daddy, please put some clothes on (when poor N dares to briefly take off his t-shirt in his own house)
Can somebody please tell these girls who the parents are?