Of late, zenning has been going beautifully. Find myself to be calm and centered in the middle of unending deadlines and chaos at work. Super, no? Almost feel self shining with some kind of lovely and calm aura. Looked to N (certified Zen “tester”) for confirmation and he remarked “Well, your nose does seem to be shining more than usual”. Hmph!
Have been reading zen quotes off and on. Some make sense, some make me ponder, but a lot are still way over the yonder (oooh, poetry!). Wanted to share my top 10 with you.
(1) There is more to life than increasing its speed. ~ Gandhi
(2) When you accept yourself, the whole world accepts you. ~ Lao Tzu
(3) Zen is your everyday thought. ~ Chao-Chou
(4) The only zen you find on the tops of mountains is the zen you bring up there. ~ Robert M. Pirsig
(5) If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles. ~ Doug Larson
(6) And the end of all exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. ~ T. S. Eliot
(7) We are more curious about the meaning of dreams than about things we see when awake. ~ Diogenes
(8) He did each single thing as if he did nothing else. ~ Charles Dickens
(9) In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, in the expert’s mind there are few. ~ Shunryu Suzuki
(10) TODAY. ~ Words carved in stone on John Ruskin’s desk.