I’ve been blogging for about a half a year now. And TOTALLY loving it – waaaay more than I expected to. I keep reading that successful blogs should be informative and geared towards providing “value” to its readers. Well, not this one, baby! In fact, I challenge you to point to one post of mine that would have remotely been of use to anyone under the sun. Looking back at what I have written in the past five months, my blog is a collection of random thoughts and memories that pop into my head, day-to-day things about the girls that amuse or move me, and my lofty (mostly “chillaxing”) plans for the future.
My blog is merely a slice of my life – the slice that I choose to share with you.
- is the diary that I stopped writing as a teenager (well, a less “all out” version)
- is my brag book – especially since I recently swore off The “It” Bragging Venue (aka facebook) at least for the near-term (Hmmm… how many more days to the end of August?)
- makes me smile
- keeps me honest on my weight-loss journey
- is my baby
- has greatly increased my appetite for reading – perhaps because I now fancy myself a writer and am subconsciously scoping out the competition (aiyye JK Rowling, konjam otthu)
- is a handy tool for keeping track of the sweet little things the girls say and do (which I hope will get me through their teenage years)
- is Zen Heaven – a place where I experience “flow”. That fantastic creative place where it’s just me and what I am writing at that moment and nothing else matters.
- got me out of the fog that I was under for most of 2011 (not that the fog was evident to people that I interacted with – not even close family)
- has four posts that are from my heart – four that surprised me with how they just poured out faster than I could type.
Can you guess which four? 🙂