“I do not like to write. I like to have written.” ~ Gloria Steinem
Since I have officially reached a blog idea asymptote, here is a random facts post.
1. If I were ever stranded on a deserted island and could only bring one thing with me, it would have to be Channa Bhatura. Yum!!
2. I like to plan our next vacation as soon we get back from one.
3. I got ambitious and planned the next two already.
4. Road trip to Stowe, VT coming up. Can’t wait!
5. I love Hawaii! I tell N that I want to open a Bed & Breakfast in Hawaii when we retire. He reminds me that I don’t want to do that at all, and maybe I just want to lounge around in a B&B in Hawaii when I retire.
6. He is right.
7. I love to browse for hours in Barnes & Noble with the family. Even if it means that half my time is spent reading out loud priceless classics like Barbie Fairytopia and Mermaidia to the little one (How DO people write such drivel?!!!)
8. Love Erich Segal. What an awesome writer! I must have read his “Love Story”, “Oliver’s Story”, “Doctors”, and “The Class” at least a 100 times each. I kid you not.
9. Danielle Steel is a total lunatic. Every book she writes is the same book. Usually the protagonist is a woman – a writer or photographer or some such. Very pretty, rich, and has lovely clothes – half the book is spent describing in ridiculous detail her looks and clothes. She has a wonderful life and BAM! a devastating and life changing event happens. She somehow rises above it all and proceeds to date or marry and divorce a minimum of three men, at least one of whom will be 60+ years old. Not DS but BS.
10. Loved reading “Tuesdays with Morrie” by Mitch Albom last weekend. I chanced upon this book 15 years back when it was first written. I didn’t think twice about it back then. I think I am in more of a mindset to appreciate the book now.
11. Brought home more books by Mitch Albom from the library after reading “Tuesdays with Morrie”. MISTAKE.
12. I don’t venture out enough past my comfort zone. I prefer to re-read books that I have enjoyed before rather than try something new. I prefer to eat at restaurants that I know I like.
13. Trying to change that.
14. Homemade yogurt ROCKS! After eating homemade yogurt at friends’ places for years and thinking this was way beyond me, I took the leap (what did I tell you about getting past my comfort zone?!). I am now officially a proud getti thayir maker. Just thinking about it makes me smile.
15. Zenning (or is it middle age?) is working wonders for me. Since I started zenning actively (what the heck does that mean?) in mid-October, I am more at peace with myself.
16. I read my horoscope everyday. Keeps me very entertained. Besides, I think it’s in my genes. Thatha used to visit Anjaneyar Josiyars to have his future told, and when I was little (and not so little), Appa and I used to read our horoscopes together in the local newspapers.
17. I dropped my Carnatic music lessons after learning for about six years when I was little. I want to find a teacher, so I can resume learning. But the teachers that I’ve interviewed so far are either intimidating and unavailable – sort of like Shankara Shastri from Shankarabharanam; or flaky – “I can teach guitar, violin, veena, or vocal, what do you want to learn?”. One that I auditioned for actually sang worse than me.
18. As of now, I am waiting for a particular Shankara Shastri to become available so I can learn paatu again. Ok, that’s not her name, but she has the same initials. And mojo to match.
19. I love facebook. It’s awesome to be back in touch with all these long lost people, who behave as if you are exactly the same person you were when they last knew you. Even if that was 20+ years ago.
20. Yesterday was fabulous. A day out of the office in 75 degrees F weather (no, not at the beach yet, just client site visits); lunch date with the hubby at a very nice restaurant far away from home (lucky that one of my client sites was right near N’s work!); got home early and played softball and blew bubbles with the girls. A really fun day.
21. Can’t wait to watch The Lorax this Saturday and veg out like broccoli on Sunday.
Happy Friday! 🙂