No, I don’t have any pearls of wisdom for you. I am asking you if you know how. After making it one of my New Year’s resolutions, here’s what I have done so far:
(1) Start a diet diary. This is a pretty good one. The very thought of having to write “eight idlies and two vadais with thenga chutney and sambar” before the sun has had a chance to rise has kept me honest.
(2) Weigh myself every morning. The scale shows I am 1.6 lb lighter than when I started out a couple of weeks back. But, this is small enough to be within my old scale’s margin of error and likely not a statistically significant weight loss.
(3) Take the stairs up three floors at work instead of riding the elevator. This worked really well for all of two weeks. This is easy enough. What happened, you ask? My workplace moved two floors down this week and I am now a mere 100 feet from the parking lot (give or take a few feet). So there goes that one.
(4) Pass on the 3 pm peanut snack. This has been a tough one for me. Especially since they keep refilling the snack box at work.
(5) Not eat kids’ leftovers. Especially the yummy paruppu sadam concocted just for them by grandma with buckets of ghee.
What worked well for me in the past:
(1) Jazzercise. Did this for a couple of months last year and LOVED it! Don’t know why I never went back after the two month initial membership ran out. Well, I do know actually – the lazy butt wanted to stay parked. And with temperatures in the 30s and 40s and the class being held at ungodly wee morning hours, who can blame the poor thing?
(2) Stress. I can lose weight in a snap when under stress. But no thanks, I will pass on this one.
So there, you get the gist. If you have some easy peasy painless weight loss tips that worked for you, do send them my way!